Practiced as a form of traditional therapy around the world, cupping is honored for its’ safe, comfortable and effective treatment for many health disorders.
The technique is based on applying a glass cup and using a small flame to create a negative pressure, causing suction between the cup and the skin.
In Western traditions cupping is very effective for muscular skeletal disorders.
Cupping is also excellent for:
- Reducing scar tissue in the repair phase of an injury
- Releasing muscular tension
- Increasing blood circulation
- Stimulating digestion
- Helping calm the nervous system
- Activating the lymphatic system (the body’s defensive mechanism)
- Decreasing pain